Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hospital Tour

I went and did the hospital tour last night where I will be delivering.  It's a nice hospital and I don't think it has the 'hospital feel' like most hospitals do with the white linoleum floors. The floors are carpeted (with the exception of the rooms) which made it feel more cozy to me and hopefully will make Jeremy feel a bit more comfortable since he doesn't like hospitals and feels woozy at the sign of blood...I hope he doesn't pass out when we have the baby - I know there's a chance because he has turned white as a sheep before when he slid in a few softball games and his leg was covered in blood.  I'm thinking he will be okay if he stays up by my head since his adrenaline will be pumping and the excitement of meeting his daughter that I think he'll do okay - I hope anyways!

They did a slideshow about things to bring with you and then we toured the Labor & Delivery floor which the lady said the rooms had been recently remodeled - they have nice wood floors, tiled bathrooms and each room has a jacuzzi tub too.  The rooms are pretty good size and feel comfortable.

About an hour after giving birth you are moved to the Mother Baby Care Unit which is a smaller room where we'll be the rest of our stay.  They do have chairs that turn into a bed in the rooms for dad to sleep on which don't look all that comfortable. They have lactation specialists that come visit and will come back at any other time during the stay if needed.  It was also nice to see that they have tight security there at the hospital, mom, baby and dad all have wrist bands to wear - and the staff has to show you all their forms of ID before they are allowed to remove the baby from your room.  They encourage you to keep the baby in your room but if you need to shower or a break they will take the baby to the nursery for you.  And when the baby is taken out of the room they are to be in their rolling hospital bed/bassinet - not sure what they call them there.

So I know where we need to go and confirmed the hospital received my Pre-registration paperwork!

Next thing I need to do is go have our carseat and extra base checked which the hospital does for free.

4 comments:

valerie said...

it is getting so close!!! i bet you are getting so excited. I am sure Your husband will be fine, there will be so much excitement with having a baby.. At the hospital I was at I had to say my name and birthday every time they gave me medication, and we had heated floors that were awesome! I hope everything continues to go well!!

Holly S said...

I know! I'm getting really excited! I hope he is fine!
Heated floors...nice! :)

Amber said...

If they have to draw your blood before the baby is born have Jeremy look away. Chris got white as a ghost when they did mine! The hospital is very nice and the nurses are great. Most of the food isn't bad either. Chris says the chairs are not comfortable to sleep in so hopefully you'll just have to stay one night. If you're really exhausted don't feel bad about sending the baby to the nursery for a couple hours. Once you get home you won't have that option. Oh, and they don't have baby nail clippers there. So you may want to pack your own, some babies like to scratch their face.

Holly S said...

He won't be watching them draw blood or put an IV in - I know that for sure! Good to know about the food - yeah those chairs don't even look slightly comfortable! Good point about the nursery - your right you don't get that option when you get home!! I will add nail clippers to my list - you'd think they'd have those there - interesting