Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

1 year



It's been 1 year since our precious Dixie passed away!  That was definitely one of the worst days of our life! She had so much personality and love for anyone! I know that she's been watching over us through all our adventures this year.  In fact, the lady we got her from is having another a little of puppies that are expected to arrive at the end of this month - we thought she would have gone into heat sooner but that wasn't the case.  I'm really looking forward to having another dog, I know it might be tough at times with having a newborn but I know it'll be so worth it.  The Australian Shepherd breed has proved to be something so special and unique and I have no doubts that is the exact kind of dog we'll get again.  Bernadette is the lady we're getting another puppy from and Dixie's mom's name was Holly and a female from a litter years back is the one having puppies her name is Kizme and actually my parents dog Lexi came from that litter.  She knows how much love we have for the Aussie, especially her Aussie's - Jeremy has come to the conclusion that there is something special about their personalities from her :)

I miss loading Dixie up in the car and having her sit in the passenger seat to go for a ride - it didn't matter where we went, she always went if we could take her - gas station, coffee, pick up dinner, the store for something quick, the park, the river or lake, snuggling next to me in the morning when Jeremy had left for work, making sure I was awake after my alarm went off - there were several times she woke me up on time when I forgot to set my alarm, giving puppy kisses, so many more memories! Not a day goes by that I don't think about her! I know she'd be loving it here in Idaho!

2 comments:

Amber said...

She sounds like a great dog, no wonder you miss her so much!

Holly S said...

Yes, she was an AMAZING dog! :) Very smart too - we could tell her to go get a toy or something that was upstairs and she'd go get it and come back down stairs with it!