Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

1 month until my due date!

I can't believe there is only a month left until my due date! Time has flown by! We pretty much have everything ready to go! My mom, Dan & kids are coming next Thursday and are bringing the dresser that Dan made which will complete the nursery.  We hung all the pictures and what not in the nursery - so it's pretty much done and will be complete when the dresser arrives.  I'll wait to post pictures until its all done :)

All is going well - I waited to find somewhere to have the car seat checked...the hospital does a free inspection but all their slots are full til the first week of November.  I called the local fire department but they don't have anything til November 4th so I'll take it then.  The lady told me if I had the baby before then the hospital will check the car seat before they let us drive away.  So I'm not to worried about that.

We went to Babies R Us this past weekend since my 20% off coupons were good and picked up the swing, baby monitor and other misc items we needed, so I can officially say we're ready to go...just need a baby :)

I've been really busy with work lately and am trying to get as much done before I go out.  My plan is to work up until I have the baby.  The only reason I wouldn't consider that is if the doctor takes me out an puts me on bed rest or something.  If I am taken off work before I deliver that doesn't count towards the 6 full paid weeks of short term disability (8 weeks if I need a c-section) that I'll receive.  I have a phone meeting with HR tomorrow to go over my benefits and what I need to do once I go out on leave.  I know that my company lets me take short term disability and then their FMLA is a total of 13 weeks (federal FMLA is 12 weeks - not sure how or why they do 12 weeks).  I am planning on taking a total of 13 week off.

I'm so excited for what's coming up! :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow, 6 fully paid weeks, that's great! Have you guys decided on daycare or other plans once you return to work? 13 weeks is great, especially over the holidays!

Holly S said...

Yeah they do 1 full week of pay for each year of service and conveniently works out whether I need the 6 or 8 weeks of leave. I haven't got the daycare thing figured out but is the next thing to work on! Yeah, being off over the holidays will be nice :)