Mckenzie is 1 week old today! She is so amazing! We had to go to the doctor for her twice this week since she had a little jaundice and had lost some weight. The first 2 nights at home she cried a lot at night but did fine during the day. We went and saw the lactation specialist on Wednesday because my nipples were so tender and it hurt to nurse, we were supplementing a little at night to see if that'd help the crying. We figured out that she wasn't getting enough to eat so we supplemented for a few more days and had seen the doctor the same day for her check up. We had a follow-up appointment on Thursday and she had gained and the doctor said it wasn't necessary to supplement anymore since she was gaining and my milk was coming in so it appeared she was getting plenty. She has done much better at night, we have to take her clothes off to get her awake enough to nurse! She is absolutely so precious!
My mom arrived on Wednesday and has been cooking us delicious meals and pampering us! She is here until my birthday (Monday) and flies home in the evening.
All and all I'm feeling pretty good - I did have some stitches which are a bit tender still but other than that I am feeling great, it is kind of weird not having my belly in the way ;) I'm absolutely loving being a mommy!
We've been taking lots of pictures but here is our first family picture :)
3 comments:
Good to hear she's gaining weight and doing better at night. She's so adorable!
She is so cute! What a beautiful family :)
Isn't it weird to think that she was INSIDE of you just days ago??!! I would just stare at Alex and think, ok this is so weird! :) So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment