Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

House Hunting in Idaho

We were in Idaho last week on a house hunting trip. We saw close to 30 houses and have a list of our Top 5 houses. We placed an offer on one on Thursday, it's a bank owned house in Meridian, which is next to Boise. They countered back on Friday and we countered back to them then. Our realtor said the bank verbally accepted our offer but I'm not counting on anything until I see the acceptance in writing, but it's looking optimistic. Worst case scenario we have 4-5 other houses that we'd still strongly consider. I hate waiting, and with the weekend, it is making me wait longer! Oh well.

I'll update once they confirm we have a deal (and post pictures then). If we come to an agreement, Jeremy would have to go back next week or the beginning of the following week while the inspection is done. We saw a lot of short sales and homes that were bank owned or almost banked owned, and the home we placed an offer on was in pretty good condition compared to some of the ones we saw.

I'll update tomorrow once I have more information :)

1 comment:

valerie said...

Good luck! I hope it all works out! You will love it there in Idaho, there is lots to do! I hope you are feeling well!