Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Love!


Sorry I've been MIA lately! I'm good at uploading pictures onto Facebook! ;)

Mckenzie and I went to Oregon last weekend for a long weekend and stayed with my mom and Dan. It was a nice low key weekend.  My Auntie Connie mentioned that we should open a cupcake shop one day...and I've always wanted to check out the cupcake shop Saint Cupcake in Portland.


                                  
                                    

It was a neat little cupcakery in the Pearl District.  The cupcakes looked really good, but we were a bit disappointed.  They only had 4 cake flavors - red velvet, vanilla, chocolate and carrot cake.  The cake wasn't moist and airy like my cakes are and they put way too much frosting on them.  So Auntie Connie and I are certain that we would have an awesome cupcakery! Its just a dream for now but we can dream right? :)

Mckenzie is doing great! She's growing and changing! She is such a ham, wakes up smiling and has started a new thing when I'm nursing her and go to switch sides - starts grinning up a storm at me! I love it!  Her neck is still super strong and she enjoys tummy time and playing on her play mat - she's really good and kicking the toys that dangle above her, I should video it!  She's always cooing and talking up a storm, in fact about 11pm last night she was talking away! She also LOVES bath time! :) Even Bentley enjoys coming in the bathroom and watch us give Mckenzie a bath :)

I go back to work in about 2 weeks, I'm not dreading it [yet].  We had an idea on what we wanted to do with daycare but didn't make any decisions until last night.  We got the name of a daycare provider that does it in her home and checked her out this week.  We had checked out 1 center, 2 in-home daycares and interviewed 3 nannys.  We were torn on what we should do.  So we decided to hire a nanny that will watch Mckenzie here at the house for the first 3 months or so and then transition her into an in-home daycare.  She's just starting to nap in her crib but loves napping in her swing, and I would prefer to work with her on napping in her pack -n- play so when she goes to daycare its an easy transition for her, us and the daycare. We'd love to do the nanny all year but there are a lot of tax hoops, doing a W2, and what not we'd have to jump through if we had a nanny all year.  I figure by the time she's 6 months she'd probably enjoy being around other children too :) I feel good about our decision!

Bentley is doing really good - he's such a lover, and likes to nap during the day when Mckenzie is napping. :)


We have my mom, Dan, Scottie and Nathan coming into town next weekend.  Jeremy, Scottie and Nathan are going to go snowboarding up at Bogus Basin when they come, we had got them gift certificates for Christmas, so they're excited to go snowboarding with Jeremy :)

2 comments:

The Dober Fam said...

Holly! I love her! She is ADORABLE, and is moving towards looking WAY less like a newborn and more like an infant! Her skin tone is that BEAUTIFUL white/pink color. I see so many similarities w/ J! I also love your plan for your nanny. That will be AWESOME for you.

Amber said...

She is so cute!