Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 13, 2012

Surgery day

We arrived at the hospital at 8:30am, she went back to surgery around 10:30am. We were starring by then because we hadn't eaten since Mckenzie wasn't allowed to eat this morning.  The nurse suggested we got get something to eat but to come back to the surgery waiting area that way we were there when her surgeon came out.

Once her doctor came out, she told us everything went well. She did the brochoscopy and found laryngomalacoa and cleft which they repaired. They removed her tonsils and a portion of the adenoids, clipped her tongue tie, and replaced her ear tubes. She's doing much better than I thought.

They told us some kids want to eat regular food which I was surprised because I had my tonsils removed, granted as an adult which they say is worse, I know I wanted nothing to eat for a good 7-10 days! Her doctor said to order her favorite food off the menu. She has eat several pieces of cheese pizza and applesauce.

She has to be taking in fluids good before she can go home, she did good today but tomorrow will have to drink more or they won't discharge her obviously so she doesn't become dehydrated.

I'm praying for a speedy recovery for her. My mom flies out on Saturday and will watch her next week since she'll be home for 2 weeks recovering. Jeremy's grandparents are coming on Thursday for a visit

I

1 comment:

valerie said...

So glad everything went well!!