Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 9, 2012

Working on my fitness!

 I'm proud to say that I was able to breastfeed Mckenzie until she was about 18 months old.  I made it to a year and with all the illnesses she had her peditrician strongly suggested I try to breastfeed through the Winter to get those extra antibodies for her to help fight off the sicknesses.  So I was hoping to make it through March, around Februrary ish I stopped pumping regularly and she wasn't a big fan of having whole milk mixed with breast milk.  I ended up quitting cold turkey, because she would come up to me and say "Nurse." The weaning went very well and actually wasn't even painful as I had anticipated.

With breastfeeding I really didn't have to work too much at all to loose the baby weight after having Mckenzie. I really didn't work out and was back into my regular clothes pretty quickly, which I think was from breastfeeding.

However, once I stopped breastfeeding I've noticed over the last 6 ish weeks my pants are getting tight on me. I decided I was not going to buy bigger pants and needed to get back into the gym! I had been contemplating which gym would be best to sign up at.  I checked out the local YMCA and Anytime Fitness. YMCA was great but just far enough that it would be hard to get a decent amount of time to actually work out.

Before moving to Idaho, I had been working out regularly during my lunch hour which worked great.  Work has been extremely stressful for a while now, which could be a contributing factor to not fitting in my clothes too well.  I haven't really been taking much of a lunch break lately just trying to keep up.  I need to be taking a lunch break, so I decided today that I will give my job 110% but need to start taking a lunch break and am going to start working out during lunch time again! I need to! It'll probably be a great stress reliever as well.

I'm going to make small goals and be realistic....

My small goal is to lose 8 pounds (About 2 pounds per week) within 1 month (August 9, 2012).  My membership is with anytime fitness and there is one that barely a mile from the house!

I'd like to lose about 18 pounds right now.  One I hit that then I can re-evaluate and decide what my next goal is!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the gym for me :)

Wish me luck! :)