Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mckenzie laughing!!!



This video makes me laugh! We were on a walk and for TWO blocks this went on, she was getting tired and started crying on our walk and so I picked her up! We laughed for 2 blocks and believe it or not she crashed before we got home!

Mckenzie had her first full day of daycare today! I mentioned before we would be switching her into daycare.  She was supposed to start on Wednesday (& Thursday) but our nanny told us last night she was at the hospital and wouldn't be able to come in! Argghhh! So I called her new daycare center first thing this morning, to see if she could come today and thankfully they said yes! So she is going tomorrow too.  She did much better then I expected and even napped in the crib they have.  They have those mini cribs for each baby (so they have their own bed when there).  She took 3 naps and did well with her bottles.  Lately she had been drinking 1/2 a bottle and then not drinking the rest until later, so that was good.  I went and popped by there during my lunch break, they have an open door policy and said I can drop by whenever I want which is nice and its only 5 minutes away.  They also have cameras you can log in and check on your child anytime.  I felt good about today and even better when I heard she had a good 1st day!

I can't believe our baby is going to be 6 months old on Friday! She is so happy and smiles all the time.  She still lunges her self back (rocking like but backwards) all the time.  She is doing well eating her rice cereal and likes to grab the spoon but usually makes a mess by the time it gets to her mouth!  We go in for her 6 month appointment next week, I think she's nearly or over 20 pounds now! She has the rolls on her arms and thighs which I just love!  She is also laughing so much more and is random at times or we can get her to laugh by kissing her or tickling her!



We went to Oregon last week for Julie's baby shower which was a success! I didn't end up counting but there was a good 35 people there! We made lemon poppy seed, carrot cake and red velvet cupcakes all from scratch that we a big hit! I still need to get the pictures from my mom's camera.

My first mother's day was wonderful! Jeremy and Mckenzie took me to brunch at a new restaurant called the Cottonwood Grille which was yummy! We then went to Costco and picked up some stuff including some yummy chocolate covered strawberries! We then relaxed at home and had dinner.  They got me a beautiful necklace that is a heart with a mother holding a baby! I love it!



1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I LOVE the baby laughs, so cute. Hate that they have to grow up so dang fast!