Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

6 months old!



Mckenzie was 6 months old on Friday the 13th! Haha!

She had her 6 month appointment yesterday

She got 1 combo vaccine in one leg and then another vaccine in the other leg and one oral.  She didn't cry for one of the shots but let us know she was NOT happy on the other leg.  She stopped crying as soon as we picked her up.

She is now weighing 19 pounds 11 ounces (97th Percentile)
27.5" inches long (90th Percentile)
Head circumference is 44cm (90th Percentile)

Everything checked out great and the doctor was pleased with how well she is growing! :)

The nurse said that she is the size of some 1 year old! Got a healthy baby girl! :)

Although at 5:30am we woke up and I noticed she was warm, fever of 101.4 which they said is normal after vaccines.  I gave her some Tylenol and at 7am it was at 100.

Mckenzie started at daycare last week and had a great week! She did much better then I expected her to. Well, daycare's fever cut off is 100, they said it was up to me to bring her but if it didn't go down I'd have to come get her.  I decided to just keep her home.  Jeremy and I are both slammed at work but I decided I'd stay home and will try to get some stuff done when she naps. I really like her new daycare, the people are great! She is also enjoying being around the other babies too.  They also have a camera so we can log on at anytime during the day to see what's going on which is nice.  I've been popping in at lunch to feed her which I will probably stop doing next week, I figured it'd help her get adjusted but she is doing so well :)

My mom and Dan came and visited last Thursday to Sunday! We had so much fun! I took Friday off and we went yard sailing, picked up a doggie pool and mom found a cruiser bike to ride when they visit. We also went and got Shaved Ice! When we lived in Hawaii - that was one of my favorite things to get (next to Spam Musubi) and when we moved to Idaho I was so excited to see shaved ice stands all over town! No complaints here! They even have sweet cream too, just like Hawaii! Love it!


We also checked out the Boise Farmers Market which was a blast!  We planted flowers on Friday as part of Mother's Day tradition, normally mom and I plant flowers for her Mother's Day but we did it here this year

We did a wine barrel and 2 pots in the front of the house too

Bentley and Tank checking out the dog pool! They loved it! Especially Tank, he'd jump in it every time he walked by!

Mom's new beach cruiser for Idaho! She got this brand new $200+ bike for $60 at a yard sale!

Ahhh! 1st shaved ice of the year!

Family picture at the Farmers market! See my arm...burnt from planting flowers on Friday!

Mckenzie have a little water from a sippy cup!

Sitting up on her own in her bouncer! Good thing they have seat belts in them!

Mckenzie is growing so fast and has such a cute personality! She is ALWAYS smiling, no complaints here! The only time she cries is if she is hungry, overly tired or has a teething episode, and generally doesn't last long.  Over a week ago she started sitting with her boppy pillow behind her and she can now sit on her own! 

Relaxing on my boppy with Sophie the giraffe! I heard about Sophie and thought I'd bite the bullet to get her one, she LOVES it! Bentley gets confused since it squeaks like his toys and somehow he hasn't snagged it yet!

We're going to be getting Mckenzie a new convertible car seat, her current Chicco KeyFit goes up to 30 pounds or 30 inches.  I found an excellent deal online for the Britax Marathon seat which I think is what we'll end up getting for her.  She is getting heavier and I can barely get her infant carrier into our lifted truck! 

We also celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on May 17th! We went out to a nice restaurant in town called Kahootz! :)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

We got Norah a Britax Marathon around 6 months too. She loves it, it makes her sit up a lot higher and she can actually see out the windows now :)