Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Checking in


I thought I'd write a little note.

I am thankful that I got a bonus AND a raise at work with the way the economy has been and people not getting raises or bonuses.  

Dixie is going to be a year old on tax day, April 15, 2009! She's such an amazing dog!! I took this picture of her last week while we were outside playing with the ball!

I'm planning on going to Hawaii in August with my mom and brother, my mom's friend is renting a house on Poipu Beach on Kauai, so I'm pretty excited about that! Jeremy isn't going since we'll already been off for a week in July for our Alaska Cruise and a long weekend at the end of August.  I don't think he minds since I'm totally going to do absolutely nothing and relax!

At the end of August we are going to be going to Lake Shasta in California for a long 4 day weekend with a bunch of our friends (The Mexico crew and about another 10 people), we're getting 2 house boats so it'll be a fun filled weekend for sure!

I'm looking forward to our trip to Winchester Bay for Memorial Day weekend with our friends Matt and Julie and we're taking my brother but he doesn't know yet...it's a birthday surprise for him...which he will be ecstatic about since Winchester Bay is his FAVORITE place to ride, we decided to tell him on his birthday because he'd be SO excited that he'd talk non-stop about the trip for months and months :)

We paid off Jeremy's truck last month...I call it his truck even though I drive it as my daily driver.  It's huge but we decided that when Jeremy got his job he got a company car and the truck was hardly ever driven to sell my Acura TSX and that I'd drive the truck.  We couldn't sell the truck because the Acura couldn't possibly tow a trailer with 2 quads! 

I joined Weight Watchers with my mom last month just to be sure to stay on track to eat health and help motivate each other.  I got a new membership to 24 Hour Fitness since Costco was selling a 2 year membership that was ridiculously cheap, so I've been hitting the gym on average of 4 times a week during my lunch break and have lost 8 pounds already! Mom has lost about 5 pounds already! So we're enjoying it!! :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Congrats on the 8 pounds and good luck with reaching your goal!