I'm a little behind but getting caught up!
My pregnancy overall was pretty uneventful. The only thing I really had was pelvic pain, it waxed and waned from about 20 weeks on. It was pretty painful at times to get up from a seated position. I found that massages worked well and would get one every 3-4 weeks, so I managed.
My due date was October 22nd. On October 5th I started having time able contractions that were getting uncomfortable, so we went in, walked and ended up getting sent home. On October 6th, I had a horrible headache that Tyleonol wouldn't even touch. We talked to the nurse line at my OB's office and they thought I might be dehydrated since I basically was having off and on contractions. I continued to have off and on contractions that would get strong at times and pretty close together. So on October 8th and 10th we ended up in L&D. They told me I was in "early labor" -- pshh what?! On October 9th, I had my weekly checkup with my OB, and he stripped my membranes given what had been going on.
On October 10th, my contractions were fairly consistent and close together, and they were picking them up on the monitors (in fact each time I went in the contractions were clearly showing up on the monitor), but my contractions weren't making me dilate. I had been 3cm dilated but just wasn't progressing. So around 12:30am we went home, we decided to get some Taco Bell on the way home because I was hungry! haha!
So we got home, settled and as I crawled into bed and laid down my water broke, this was about 2am. I told Jeremy "I either peed myself or my water just broke" I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom and yep that was definitely my water because it was like someone hosed me down! I wasn't sure what to expect because with Mckenzie my water never broke and they actually broke it for me when I was 9cm dilated. So I got changed and we headed back in and arrived at the hospital around 2:45am. The L&D department was extremely busy so I had to hang out in triage before I was moved to a L&D room. The contractions started picking up and getting stronger. As soon as I was put in a room, they started antibiotics as I was Group B Positive and I asked for the epidural. I figured labor would go pretty quickly since it was my second. It seems like it took forever for the anesthesiologist to get there but around 4:30am he arrived and inserted my epidural (I think I was around a 6). I tried to get some rest at this point but that didn't happen. My nurse had told me if I felt any strange urges to push or pressure to let her know. I don't remember around what time but after 6am I was almost fully dilated. She had rolled me to my side and I started feeling this weird pressure in my hip area. I told the nurse I didn't feel like I had to pus but had weird pressure on my hip area. She checked me again and said "Oh yeah your ready to push!" My doctor was on his way and so I hung tight, she said "if you think you are going to push tell me." I told her the pressure was getting stronger, so she had the resident OB come into my room because my doctor was almost to the hospital. He was calling in intermittently and shortly after had just parked and was across the street. The nurse told me not to move because she said baby would probably start coming out! Ha! Good thing for the epidural because I couldn't feel anything. My doctor made it in and quickly got set up. I only had to push 2 or 3 times for him to come out. He was born at 6:48am on October 11, 2013. The nurses at the hospital were fabulous!
My delivery was way easier this time. With Mckenzie I was admitted just after midnight and she was born at 8:42am, my labor progressed pretty fast but I pushed for close to 2 hours with her.
Jeremy says he doesn't want to have anymore children because of the last week or so of my pregnancy…each time we went into L&D it was of course late at night or after midnight. We both were exhausted and went to work each time after we went in. Thankfully my parents were staying with us and were able to watch Mckenzie and Gompa took her to daycare for us too. Not sure if we will have more or not, plenty of time to decide! ;)
Oh and we went round and round on his name like we did Mckenzie. In fact we really hadn't decided on his first name until about an hour after he was born. We had settled on the middle name about a week before, its Jeremy's grandpa's name :)
Colby is pretty easy going and loves to sleep! Breastfeeding is going much easier this time around!
What is funny is my nephew Wyatte turned 1 on October 11th!
Another crazy thing Jeremy realized is Mckenzie was born 11/13/10 and Colby on 10/11/13…notice the #s are the same?! Another strange thing is that Jeremy and his brother Michael are 2 years 11 months and 2 days apart too!


No comments:
Post a Comment