I'm so behind on blogging but wanted to post her stats at her appointment a few weeks ago
(as of 5/18/12)
27 lbs 11 oz (90% weight)
32 7/8" (88% height)
48 cm (90% head circumference)
She is doing really well, unfortunately still seems to pick up illnesses frequently. She seems to get croup often that always requires a ER visit of course in the middle of the night! Her pediatrician is not too concerned with her getting sick frequently because she is in daycare. She said children in daycare are sick between 8-14 times per year, it seems like she's sick almost once a month so I guess she is within the norm still. She said she isn't concerned with any type of auto-immune disorder because her height and weight are great. She said kids either will get sick a lot now or when they get into kindergarten. Thank goodness for a lot of time off from work!
She has 16 teeth now, all 4 molars came in at the same time and pretty quickly, she was cranky throughout it a bit but much better then I expected her to be! All four cuspids came through pretty close together too - and are about 3/4 the way in, again a trooper! The only teeth left are her second molars which can arrive between 2-3.
Her vocabulary has increased SIGNIFICANTLY over the last 2-3 ish months!
Some of the words I can think of are:
- Mama
- Dada
- Bentley (our dog) but comes out Beeenbeeyyy!
- Cat - knows how to make the sound too
- Dog - knows how to make the sound too
- Hot
- Up
- Down
- Juice
- Raisins
- Cracker
- Eat
- More
- Please
- Thank you
- Moose
- Baby
- Yellow
- Purple
- Pink
- Bunny
- Blanket
- Pig - knows how to make the sound too
- Piggy
- Book
- Ball
- Egg
- Cheese
- Shoes
- Yeah
- Yay
- No
- Go
- Bag
- Hello
- Bye Bye
- Hi
- Frog - knows how to make the sound too
- Bear
- Train
- Hat
- Grandma
- Grandpa
- Uncle
- Auntie
- Wagon
- Walk
- Bike
- Pizza
- Cup
- Milk
- Fish
- Bird - knows how to make the sound too
- Sheep - knows how to make the sound too
- Cow - knows how to make the sound too
- Horse - knows how to make the sound too
I know there are more words that I can't think of, it's amazing how her vocabulary has exploded. She understands things really well, you can ask her to do things or bring you something and she will go and find it. Sometimes she will say things that we didn't even think she knew!
Loves to wear shoes, go for walks and wagon rides - you can't say "Let's go for a walk" and not go, she runs to the door in our laundry room, which goes out to the garage. Loves to play outside. Loves getting up into a chair or on the couch by herself. She is also climbing up into her highchair and tells us when she wants to eat, I try to remember to put her tray back because she climbs up there when your back is turned for a second!
She has started to tantrum here and there, and we find when we tell her she can't have something and why and starts a meltdown, we just walk away from here (if were not out) and within seconds she gets up and stops crying. Seems to work for now...
Over Memorial Day weekend Jeremy and I went on our annual camping trip at Winchester Bay, near Coos Bay - Oregon dunes. We were going to bring Mckenzie but when my parents offered to watch her for the weekend, we decided to take them up on their offer. We drove from Meridian to Portland on Wednesday night and she pretty much slept most of the way through since we left after dinner. We stayed in Sherwood Wednesday to Thursday. Early Friday morning Mckenzie woke up with croup, so I took her into the ER and she was given medication and we were out within 30 minutes. It has been suggested to take them into a steamy bathroom for about 20 minutes or outside in the moist air. Neither seems to ever work and croup can usually peak on night 2, so I figured with us leaving early Friday morning it'd be best to take her in vs my parents having to take her in while we were gone. Luckilu we were in and out within 30 minutes. After we returned from the ER around 5am, went back to sleep and got up about 6am, I took her by myself since Jeremy was driving and I could sleep. She had a wonderful weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa was remodeling the kitchen and Mckenzie helped demo and they tore out all the cabinets. I laughed at my step-dad when he said he was planning to do it when he watched Mckenzie on Friday, because I thought there was no way he was getting it done!
Our weekend consisted of great weather! Usually rains a day or 2 of the weekend. It was our first weekend away (together) without Mckenzie. We enjoyed ourselves and missed her. It was sure nice to be able to go ride our quads on the dunes and not feel rushed to hurry back to camp because someone was watching her.
We will be back and forth to Oregon quite a bit in June and July for birthday parties, a good friend's wedding which Jeremy is the best man in so all the fun festivities that surround that. :) Its nice that I am able to work at my office in Portland if needed!
Other then that we don't have many trips planned this year. Jeremy's family is going to Yellowstone in September. I am unsure if I plan to go, I can't imagine a toddler enjoying being in and out of her carseat all the time. She does well in the car but I doubt she will do good getting in and out which seems to happen frequently when visiting Yellowstone. We'll see what happens and play it by ear for now.


1 comment:
We Went to Yellowstone when the boys were 1 month, almost 2, and 3 and they did really well & loved seeing all the animals & Old faithful! I wasn't sure if they'd enjoy it or not either but I'm glad we went.
Post a Comment