Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

December

So this will probably be really long with lots of pictures :)

Arggh! I tried multi-tasking with uploading photos and writing a blog, it didn't work so I'm re-trying all this and am not going to re-type ALL of it since it took me a while! Dang it! Oh well!

We spent 2 weeks in Oregon visiting family and friends!



My niece Savannah and Mckenzie

We went to our friend Dustin's for his annual white elephant party! I was so excited to see our friend Trish, because I found out the day before she got a job in Boise, which meant she was moving.  When I saw her I said Congrats on the new job, and hugged her, she then held out her hand....bling bling...she had a beautiful engagement ring on her finger...Bryan had proposed to her earlier that day! I've known for 6+ months that he had an engagement ring custom made...and was anxiously waiting for him to propose! :) She starts her new job on Monday and will be arriving here for good today!

Here's the happy couple!  

Much of the trip, Mckenzie spent snuggled on someone's chest

We celebrated Christmas early at Jeremy's grandparents on the 20th since his aunt, uncle and cousin were in town.  Here's our annual picture in front of the Christmas tree at his Grandparents.

And the whole family...

Christmas eve Mckenzie and I went to a Christmas eve service with my mom, Dan and Scottie.  We then drove to Forest Grove where we had dinner at his grandparents and then went to church where we got married.  After we came back and had dessert and relaxed we headed back to his parents house.  On our way, I realized we were supposed to go to our friend's Matt & Julie's house! So we turned around and called them they still had all their family over but said to come over anyway since they had something for Mckenzie.  They got her a cute sweatpant outfit, and us a cool Oregon Ducks ornament.  They also gave us this....

We were so excited to find out they were expecting! We knew they had been trying and at Dustin's party Julie didn't have anything to drink and everyone gave her the side eye but then she said "My period is due on Christmas..." I still gave her the side eye but didn't say anything.  I had met her for lunch a few days later and we had Mexican because she "was craving it..." I gave her the side eye again and figured she might be pregnant but I knew it'd come out sooner or later.  It was such a cute way to announce.

There is another baby boom! My friend Caitlin, Crystal, Felicia and Kelsey are all expecting next year!
Mckenzie found her thumb after a bath!

After she rolled over during tummy time, she is really good with her neck and most of the time rolls over instead of doing 'tummy time!'

With Grandma-ma!

Being held by Uncle Scottie for the first time! It was hilarious because I put her in his arms and he was a bit panicked because he had never held a baby before...I didn't even realize that but he did very good holding her ;)

Her Santa outfit from Great-Grandma Gracie

We spent Christmas day with Jeremy's parents and other Grandma in the morning.  We then headed to my mom & Dan's for an early dinner.  I was soo excited because my mom's best friend Connie---well she's my "Auntie Connie" and her boyfriend Eric had driven up on Christmas eve and we were planning to surprise my mom on Christmas day, so we stopped by their hotel and they followed us to my mom & Dan's house.  Dan asked if I needed help getting stuff out of the car, I told my mom I needed her because she had to help me get Dan's Christmas gift...she walked out and found Connie and Eric standing outside! She was so surprised and excited that they came up for the wedding.  They of course loved Mckenzie!!


The 26th, my mom & Dan got married and it was a beautiful ceremony and reception.  They served Kahlua pork, rice, chicken, salad, rolls and other yummy food!  On the 27th, they headed to Leavenworth & Seattle for a few days.





We went to Lincoln City where I went and did a glass blowing class and made my own glass float.  The city hides floats on the beaches every day but I have never found one before, so Jeremy's parents got me a gift certificate for my birthday last year.  I finally got over there and made it, the glass I was working with was 2,000 degrees and my float had to cool in a 900 degree kiln, otherwise it would have broke if it cooled too fast.  The glass studio is shipping it to me, and I hope to get it any day, I'll post a picture when it's done :)


On the 31st, we went and picked up our sweet puppy Bentley near Eugene! He is such a sweetie and does really well around Mckenzie.  

My parents made us some bells that we got for Christmas, at first I wasn't sure what they were...but she told me a friend of their's had something similar on their door and had trained their dog to nudge them when it need to go outside.  Bentley is so smart and picked up the concept right away and nudges them when he needs out.  Of course she had my brother paint the bells to be Oregon Duck colors :)


No comments: