Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

4 weeks old!

Mckenzie was 4 weeks old yesterday!

Our insurance agent here in town was having an open house with Santa and reindeer as well!  She did so well! :)




She is doing wonderful! She is still wearing her newborn clothes but some are starting to get snug but she's too small for some of the 0-3 month stuff.  Still wearing newborn diapers, she's very slender and has a small butt so I think she might not move to the size 1's for a bit.  She is nursing great! We tried a bottle for half of her feeding today which she did good.  I am going to continue to nurse her but want her to take a bottle if needed, like when were in Oregon my best friend Julie is taking me to lunch and for a massage which will likely overlap with feeding time so I can leave a bottle for her, so we'll probably just give her a bottle sometimes so its not too hard when I return to work.

I went to a mother's group for breastfeeding mothers last week which was a neat experience and be able to chat with other new mom's in the same boat.

She is awake much more and is pretty content most of the time.  She only gets upset when she's hungry. She has rolled over 3-4 times during tummy time in the last 2 days.  She has been sleeping well and has been having 5-6 hour stretches of sleep at night! :)

We're headed to Oregon next weekend for Christmas which we're excited for! Most of the family hasn't met her yet so it'll be exciting!

3 comments:

valerie said...

I am so happy to hear that you have an awesome baby also! She is so cute!! You must be doing a great Job!

Amber said...

Sounds like she's doing great. I would be so happy for 5-6 hour stretches at night! It's really nice when you can have a bottle backup. Sariah took her first one last week and did great.

Holly S said...

Of course her and I had a party until after 3am last night! LOL She is doing great...there is usually a 5-6 hour stretch sometime during the night or wee hours of the morning! ::knock on wood::